Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My 370z won’t start. I push the start button and only the…

Customer Question
My 370z won’t start. I...
My 370z won’t start. I push the start button and only the lock light turns on. I’ve taken it to the dealership before to fix the steering lock problem. Please help
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is this a little red car with a key on it?

that red light is blinking but there’s a yellow light that says “key” that is on

sounds like your in lock mode, try using the nissan symbol with a different key to push the start button in to start the car make sure the key your using now is 10 feet away from vehicle

i only have one key though
which nissan symbol?

well try doing that with the key if that dosent work try this reset procedure and doing that same thing above again

Follow this procedure,remove negative battery cable then positive, touch both cables together for 1min, wait 15 more and install cables positive then negative and try again

the nissan symbol on the fob itself

ok let me try that

sure thing, take your time ill be here

I'm waiting on the 15 minutes. after that i connect negative then positive and then do i try to turn it on?

you connect positive then negative, if you do it the other way you could damage computers or other things, and yes then try to start again

it didn’t work. it still on lock

So I have bad news, this will need to be towed to the dealer or locksmith to be reprogrammed, it would also be a good time to order another fob and have it programed as well,

i fixed it. It was actually the steering lock again. i got it to be on acc and removed the fuse and it turned on.

well im glad its working again!

happy holidays!

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago

.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician