Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1988 nissan pathfinder. v6 4 by 4. Need to find a…

Customer Question
I have a 1988...

I have a 1988 nissan pathfinder. v6 4 by 4. Need to find a tcm for my car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

My mechanic has it and we have not been able to find the part. I am in Puerto Rico where I keep this car at my home there. Great car, but can't find this part. Can you advise

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

You will most likely have to go with a used part due to the year of this model here.One place I use for used parts is http://www.car-part.com.You can enter your vehicle info and what you're looking for and it should bring up a list of who has it as well as the cost.You can usually order it and have it delivered to you.If you have already checked into this or if this is not an option for you here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

They dont gave part

In some cases, it won't list the exact part but if you look up something like the transmission it should bring up a list of who has this transmission and then you can contact the facilities that have it and tell them you need the TCM.I have had to do this before in the past.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete