Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2016 Rogue. The back seat has a pull down lever for…

Customer Question
I have a 2016 Rogue...
I have a 2016 Rogue. The back seat has a pull down lever for the drink tray [middle of seat]. The pull down fabric cord got pushed inside the mechanism. There appears to be a plastic cap about 4" square that covers it - how do I remove this cap or fix the issue ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Can you send a picture of this problem?

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago

can you send a picture of the star screw?

My diagrams dont show anything with that, ill have to open this question back up to the board for another expert to assist that maybe has some different information

Nissan Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

I would try using a hook pick tool to grab the fabric without taking anything apart. https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-pick-and-hook-set-66836.html

The black carpet is attached to cardboard structure that is attached to the back of the seat Are you looking at the back seat that folds down?

Looking at the first picture. There is a slot that the fabric lever fell into. I would try to use a pick to grab it and pull it back out.

Tried that but didn’t work
Need to open by removing the piece but need to get the carpet off for screw access

Try unsnapping the plastic trim just enough to get that fabric. You will need to remove the entire seat from the vehicle to properly disassemble the seat without breaking anything.

What plastic trim ?

The trim around the fabric lever that fell in the hole

It’s a hard plastic cap that is screwed on There’s no way that would work
You will have to remove the seat and disassemble
Your responses are what my teenage son would say Bend this pull thatCompletely unhelpful

I apologize for that I will opt out and hopefully another can help more. Thanks