Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is the rear differential a repair that I could do myself or…

Customer Question
Is the rear differential a...
Is the rear differential a repair that I could do myself or would you recommend going to the dealership? What would the estimated repair cost be if performed at the dealership?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Please try to stick with your original question. I can help you there.

But I would try to torque all the mounting bolts for the rear. Other wise a shop that is familiar with rear repairs could be used. Or replace with a used unit assembly. If you replace as a assembly, it's much easier than taking it apart to try to fix it if you are not familiar with rear diff repairs.