Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 s model nissan leaf and I live in rural

Customer Question
Alaska. Yesterday I went to...
I have a 2013 s model nissan leaf and I live in rural Alaska. Yesterday I went to start the car and it will not start. Everything goes on fine but it wont drive and there is a warning light "EV system warning light". I cannnot get it to a dealer that works on leafs as the closest one is in Seattle. Is there any on the ground fix for this?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 5 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will have to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done the code(s) set can then be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.You would need to check around in your area with local repair facilities to see if you can find one that can look into this model vehicle to locate the fault as someone in your area may be able to help with this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I am in a remote village in Alaska. I will have to travel to Juneau (sans car) to get such a reader and bring it back here. This will take a week.

Unfortunately, with this light coming on there is no way to know what the fault is without having the codes read out and then diagnosed as there are several components that could cause this issue.So the codes do have to be read out to help diagnose and locate the fault.

In some cases, a local shop in your area or even some parts stores may be able to read out these codes and help with the full diagnosis of this issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician