Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Door locks don't operate properly. 2011 murano. I am...I…

Customer Question
Door locks don't operate...

Door locks don't operate properly

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2011 murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am...I haven't tried anything except the extra fob....sometimes doors lock automatically while driving but they don't work with fobs or switches

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything after market been installed like a remote start or alarm system?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

No,....nothing aftermarket installed

I apologize for the delay as I have been offline the last few days.

Is this all of the locks acting up with this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

O.k.

Your vehicle uses a BCM ( body control module computer) to send and receive the lock signals from the remote and interior switches as well as auto locking.The BCM can act up internally and causes issues with all of these functions not operating properly or some of these functions operating incorrectly causing this issue here.I have seen internal failure in the BCM in the past before similar to this here and the BCM had to be replaced.I suspect your BCM needs replaced to resolve this fault.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.This has to be done with a compatible scan tool that can read the BCM as not all scan tools can do this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?