Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Blowing cold air on the passenger side when the heat is on.

Customer Question
Blowing cold air on...

Blowing cold air on the passenger side when the heat is on. No other area of the car is affected. 2012 Armada.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

No. I haven't. No puddles under the car though.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Armada yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything. It just happened today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. That's about it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/11/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you have a mode door bad, do you have a check engine light on? clicking in the dash?

No check engine light on. No clicking. It use to click on and off but stopped a few weeks ago.

you may be able to reset the system and the door, before you do the reset make sure everything is in the cold position, then remove neg batt cable then positive , touch both terminals together for 1 min and wait 15 more install positive then negative and try again

I will have to tomorrow. I don't have cables.

im talking about the ones attached to the battery already

if you did this with live cables that would be a mess

We just parked it. How long would I need to wait?

you can do it right now

When you say terminal are you referring to the post or the clamps?

the cable ends

take the ends off and touch them together for one minute. Then wait 15 minutes before reattaching them?

correct, make sure you remove and install them in the order above or you could cause computer damage

Got it.
That's what I was scared of. Lol. I will let you know how it goes.

godspeed!

No dice. It is still blowing cold on the passenger side.
Well, the good news is that somehow it started working this morning. The bad news is that the auxillary jack is now dead on the car. Could that just be a blown fuse? It worked prior to resetting it. No other issues have come up.
Allow me to clarify, the auxillary jack on the radio.

it might be, is yours the one with the usb port as well? have you tried other inputs in the jack and also using the usb port?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician