Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.
3827149

It has been parked for a time, since early September and the

Customer Question

Second opinion] It has been parked for a long time, since early September and the battery have run out and the key fob is not opening it and I have not seen anywhere on both the two front doors and the rear to open from manually by key.JA: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?Customer: What is are positive and negative signs?JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?Customer: 2007JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: To open it when I can't I consulted a mechanic for advice.JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: Nothing
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model Nissan is this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nissan Note, I cannot see an opening, hole on the doors for key, manual opening and as a result of a completely flat battery the FOB is not opening the car now.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Is this right hand drive or Left Hand?

There is a door lock cylinder for emergency entry on the passenger side if right hand drive, if left hand drive it's on the drivers side.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

So you would take the mechanical key out of the Fob and use that in the door lock to unlock the car so you can enter the car. Once you enter the car, you can then pop the hood so you can jump start the car.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried all area of door handles even with a knife to pop open for the key hole but to no avail. I doubt the wisdom of the mechanical engineering of the door locking and opening system anyway. I have a manual key but cannot see a key hole to put , slot the key into.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

The Left side front door should have a door lock cylinder. Can you take a picture of that door handle and show me?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Its a UK car, right hand drive, alright, let me go and take a picture of it and be back with you in a minute, but I have no idea how to send you the picture, any idea?
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

So that would be the passenger front door. There should be a way you can insert a image to this question

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I can't take a pic of the door, its winter in the UK now and quite dark outside in the streets where the car is parked.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I continue this chart with you on my account tomorrow or on Monday when I can take a picture of the door handle during the day when it is less dark?
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Sure we can. Just return back to this question so we can continue

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's alright, I will take a picture of the door lock cylinder during the day tomorrow and send it to continue the chart and guiding process till I open the doors. See you tomorrow.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

You got it. Cya tomorrow..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have taken pictures of the car door, passenger side but can't see the way to insert an image to the question.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

You should see a paper clip to attach a image..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What I saw is "+ Add files" not a paper clip.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

They did a update to the system. So that must be where you add the images now..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you forward me an personal or WhatsApp account that might be easier to use.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A personal email or WhatsApp account, can you forward this?
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.
Do you have a Dropbox? Maybe just up load image and share it that way
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried to do it by Facebook through the JustAnswer page but no success there too. It would be easier for me on FB if I could be connected there to JustAnswer. I have the pictures already downloaded on FB.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't think I have Dropbox, I think I can only access Desktop, Downloads, OneDrive and Recent Places and the picture as a jpg file would not attach to your '+Add files' link.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Anyway you feel you can share the image with me. Other wise, you may need to contact a Road Side service to enter the car for you.