Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It has been parked for a time, since early September and the…

Customer Question
Second opinion] It has...

Second opinion] It has been parked for a long time, since early September and the battery have run out and the key fob is not opening it and I have not seen anywhere on both the two front doors and the rear to open from manually by key.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

What is are positive and negative signs?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

To open it when I can't I consulted a mechanic for advice.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/9/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model Nissan is this?

Nissan Note, I cannot see an opening, hole on the doors for key, manual opening and as a result of a completely flat battery the FOB is not opening the car now.

Is this right hand drive or Left Hand?

There is a door lock cylinder for emergency entry on the passenger side if right hand drive, if left hand drive it's on the drivers side.

So you would take the mechanical key out of the Fob and use that in the door lock to unlock the car so you can enter the car. Once you enter the car, you can then pop the hood so you can jump start the car.

I have tried all area of door handles even with a knife to pop open for the key hole but to no avail. I doubt the wisdom of the mechanical engineering of the door locking and opening system anyway. I have a manual key but cannot see a key hole to put , slot the key into.

The Left side front door should have a door lock cylinder. Can you take a picture of that door handle and show me?

Its a UK car, right hand drive, alright, let me go and take a picture of it and be back with you in a minute, but I have no idea how to send you the picture, any idea?

So that would be the passenger front door. There should be a way you can insert a image to this question

Sorry I can't take a pic of the door, its winter in the UK now and quite dark outside in the streets where the car is parked.
Can I continue this chart with you on my account tomorrow or on Monday when I can take a picture of the door handle during the day when it is less dark?

Sure we can. Just return back to this question so we can continue

That's alright, I will take a picture of the door lock cylinder during the day tomorrow and send it to continue the chart and guiding process till I open the doors. See you tomorrow.

You got it. Cya tomorrow..

I have taken pictures of the car door, passenger side but can't see the way to insert an image to the question.

You should see a paper clip to attach a image..

What I saw is "+ Add files" not a paper clip.

They did a update to the system. So that must be where you add the images now..

can you forward me an personal or WhatsApp account that might be easier to use.
A personal email or WhatsApp account, can you forward this?
Do you have a Dropbox? Maybe just up load image and share it that way
I tried to do it by Facebook through the JustAnswer page but no success there too. It would be easier for me on FB if I could be connected there to JustAnswer. I have the pictures already downloaded on FB.
I don't think I have Dropbox, I think I can only access Desktop, Downloads, OneDrive and Recent Places and the picture as a jpg file would not attach to your '+Add files' link.

Anyway you feel you can share the image with me. Other wise, you may need to contact a Road Side service to enter the car for you.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician