Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2014 Murano will not start. The starter button was

Customer Question
My 2014 Murano will...

My 2014 Murano will not start. The starter button was flashing. Under the hood I heard a clicking sound from the fuse box area. I put the key fob in and the clicking stopped and some dashboard lights came on. Power seats are still operating. I attached jumper cables but nothing happened, no attempt to turn over. I checked the starter fuse and the ignition switch fuse and they looked closed to me. Whats my next step please?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I pulled the starter fuse and it was clearly intact. The ignition switch fuse also looked intact to me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have tried to jump it off with cables and I have checked the starter fuse and the ignition fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I've done so far, thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/9/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, Jake here.When you press the start button, does it click once? Click rapidly?Does the start button go to ACC / ON and give access to radio etc? Or stay onlock?
I was stuck on the side of the road. I thought this would be a real time chat and you could help me get started. I didn't know it would be an email back and forth after a couple of hours. AAA helped out.
This generally is a real time chat, if an expert sees it timely. Looks like no one was comfortable answering this one until I logged on.
If you have any other questions I’d be happy to help, otherwise I will send to customer service to close out.ThNks.
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician