Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Code P1283, I replace the sensor 1 bank 2 and still giving…

Customer Question
Code P1283, I replace...

Code P1283, I replace the sensor 1 bank 2 and still giving me the same code

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Oxigen sensor, bank 2 sensor 1

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2005 Altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

To get it ready for emission

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/8/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is***** engine do you have in your 2005 Altima? Did you clear code and it came back right away?
I clear code and came back

What engine do you have?

Never mind. You have the V6 since the code does not go with the 4 cyl engine. Here is a tech bulletin to fix the problem and will require reset the relearn system using the dealer level scanner. This is required for this code or code can keep coming back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6i0bwi6ip1ea3o/2005%20altima%20P1273.pdf?dl=0

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Did you still need my assistance?

Hi, Can you please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for assisting you? If you have additional questions please respond here so I can assist you. Thanks.