Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 frontier, recently installed block heater 2 weeks ago,

Customer Question
2002 frontier, recently installed...
2002 frontier, recently installed block heater 2 weeks ago, tonight my son smelt like something was burning, then he heard rattling then he lost power.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Nissan Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Ok

The block heater should not effect the vehicles power when the car is moving since it is not plugged in. He could have just had an alternator failure. Has the battery voltage been checked?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

No not yet
No not yet do you think it could be the engine?

If battery voltage is good and he tries to start it and it doesnt turn the engine over the engine could be no good. He could check the oil level with the dipstick.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Or he can try getting a jump start and see if power is restored and it will start.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

6ok

Ok. Let me know if you have any other questions on this. And also even when rating this chat session, the chat will remain open so you can come back for follow up questions.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

Do you have any more questions on this issue?

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!