Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My neighbor has a 2014 Versa for only a couple of months and…

Customer Question
My neighbor has a...

My neighbor has a 2014 Versa for only a couple of months and winter has come to Salt Lake City, night temps are low 20's F. She says the car will not blow heat, only cold air. It does not change whether she is sitting at idle or driving the car. I have looked at forums and apparently quite a few Versa Note owners have a similar problem. Have you heard of the cause of no heat and whether or not there is a solution?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

The coolant level is good but how do you check to see if the thermostat is working?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

The car was bought used. The owner has taken it to a Nissan dealer and was told it would cost $300. The lady barely makes rent and utilities so she asked me. I have not tried anything on the car. I wanted to get as much background on Versa's first before attempting anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thanks Pearl.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 7 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the temp gauge on the dash come up to normal, after driving it awhile?

Sorry for the delay. The site took me to another page for set up and I had troubles with a password.Yes the temp gauge on the dash comes up to normal after the engine warms up.
I am at work now and will not be able to look and try your suggestions probably until tomorrow. Can I contact you tomorrow by phone?

ok, then you most likely have a bad temp blend door actuator, and is a common problem with these, have you checked both heater hoses going through the firewall under the hood and seen if both are hot?