Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Water not recirculating blowing steam out bleeder hole new…

Customer Question
Water not recirculating...

Water not recirculating blowing steam out bleeder hole new water pump new stat checked housing blew air in cyclinders no air bubbles in rad if i take water hose in pressurize it water will go through block

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

I just brought car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

02 sentra gxe

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes my self We have tried new water pump new stat new hoses Jack car up on one side reved to 2500 couple times

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

open the bleeder while the engine is running and rev the engine

Ok

continue to pour in coolant as you are doing that

Have done that still no take the upper hose get hott as a fire in bottom ice cold as with the heater coil hoses the temp saying its not running hot but steam comes out also the bleeder it just steams if i take water hose the spray in the rad water shoots out

if the bottom hose is cold then the water pump is bad. new or not. its bad.

you said you already flow checked the radiator right?

No was looking at a diff thread jay say it sounds like a Restricted Radiator

thats the other possibility...do you have a digital temp gun

Me in my dad blew air in each cyclinder to see if compression was getting in the rad

do you have a digital temp gun

No on the temp gun

ok, take the upper and lower hoses off. get a garden hose and stick it in the top opening of the radiator and make sure the same amount and pressure going into the top is coming out of the bottom

hows it going?

Looks like the same amount of water coming out on top in bottom

Ok, then the next step is to fill it back up, bleed it, keeping it full. then turn the vehicle on, keep the heater controls on full blast and let it get up to operating temp

You can feel the top hose poping or jerking

water pump.

Do you know any nissan people in richmond va

no sir. just here in pittsburgh

Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I have a different thought on your issue.

Since you did a Water Pump and T-stat. You need to bleed the coolant system. Now bleeding the coolant system properly can take up to a hour to a hour and 1/2. So let me explain how you would bleed the coolant system. Cause that is the first thing you will need to do for your issue.

To bleed the coolant system, remove the radiator cap. Install the coolant bucket ( See Links for images ). Fill the bucket about 1/2 way. Then raise the front of the car as high as if it were on ramps. This way if there is air in the coolant system, the circulation brings it to the highest point. Then turn on the car, and put the heat on speed number 4, recirc mode on, and face mode. You may need to rev the engine a few times to move the coolant around to get the air out. I also turn the engine off a couple times and wait 2 or 3 mins to let the air pocket move and bubble out. In the mean time you want to check your vents to see if your getting heat. After you have good heat, and little to no bubbles in the coolant bucket. Then the coolant system is properly bleed. You should have good heat when bleed properly. So when you put your hand over the vent and hold it there for 30 seconds, you get a slight burning sensation. That is perfect heat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4plw6t6kz22pix6/fill%20rad.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/doik0wmlhq690x1/Fill%20Rad%202.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w58ph95vjkiutsb/fill%20rad%20bleed%20coolant.jpg?dl=0

the system could simply be air bound if you did not spend the time as outlined to bleed the coolant system which can cause over heating. So lets give that a try.

I will take this. thanks

hows it going?