Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2009 Nissan Rogue. Brand new battery with no

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 Nissan Rogue. Brand new battery with no visible corrosion. When it’s really cold overnight the car won’t starts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes I’ve checked and no.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

No just want to pin point the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Engine turns over but doesn’t start

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, when it’s really cold and doesn’t start, will it still crank?
If so have you tried slightly pressing the gas pedal and seeing if it fires?
it still cranks and I tried the gas pedal this morning. Still didn’t start.
ThNks, how cold is it exactly? Because I have seen a few issues with the ECM and IPDM I’m very cold temps causing a no start.It’s not to hard to diagnose because you can use a hair dryer on it for a minute or so before starting and it fires right up.
Where is the ECM and IDPM? What are they? Where do I blow the hair dryer?
The engine control module (ECM) and the Intelligent Power Distribution Module (IPDM) are just to the right of the battery under the air snorkel.