Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a p0507 code and it is idling high. 155k. 3.5L. It is…

Customer Question
I have a p0507...

I have a p0507 code and it is idling high

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

155k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

3.5L

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nissan?

It is a nissan maxima 2007 3.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried i did an idle relearn but the rpms are still over 1k

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It also has a whining noise when i drive it and the transmission jerks when i release the accelerator

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you replace or clean the throttle chamber before you got this code?

I just bought the car and the salesman said he resealed the valve cover gaskets and cleaned the throttle body
I tried doing an idle relearn i did grt the high idle to go fown but it still revs around 1100 to 1500

If they used to abrasive of a cleaner on the throttle chamber, that can cause damage to the throttle chamber. You have to use a electrical cleaner since it's a electronic throttle chamber.

So if there is damage to the throttle chamber, it won't take the idle relearn. Since you just brought the car, I would take it back to the place you brought it to have them resolve this for you. Let them replace the throttle chamber which it will most likely need and then they can perform the idle relearn to resolve the issue.

I really do not know how he cleaned it but i want to know if there are simple solutions

You can not use Brake Clean or Throttle cleaner on these throttle chambers. It will damage them. We use MAF sensor cleaner since that is a Electrical cleaner to clean these throttle chambers.

it's a common mistake that throttle chamber cleaner is used to clean these throttle chambers. But that should not be used on electronic throttle chambers. That is the mistake commonly made which damages the throttle chambers..

So what needs to be done to resolve your issue is to have the throttle chamber replaced ( hopefully with a OEM one since after market ones never work right ) and then have the idle relearn done to resolve your issue.

You can of course try the idle relearn first with a scanner to determine if it will take the relearn. If it doesn't take, then the throttle chamber would need to be replaced.

But you should not have to deal with this since you just brought the car and they admitted they cleaned the throttle chamber. They should repair this for you at no charge.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!