Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got bad gas and changed fuel filter still running horrible…

Customer Question
Got bad gas and...

Got bad gas and changed fuel filter still running horrible does 2000 frontier have Adrain plug

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put in sea foam changed fuel filter and rotor and cap which I was going to do already before suck gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm in Yelm Washington

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you replaced the spark plugs, because if bad gas there is a good chance they are fouled.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

No didn’t change the plugs we took them out and they did not look Fouled out it ran pretty good at idle then just choked out
Does it have a drain plug or not?
Are you there

No unfortunately they do not. You may have to remove the tank and have it cleaned out , depending what you picked up. Try some moisture treatment . Have you run some of that fuel into a clear bottle to see what you may have picked up.

Water for sure
I already told you I ran sea foam through it

Sea foam is ok but not the best if heavy in water. If it has that much you may have to drop the tank. Do you know where you got this fuel ? wouldn't hurt to contact them and see if they would help in any costs incurred.

Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What makes you think you have bad gas? Cause your description sounds more like a bad distributor or incorrect spark plugs. Did you take a fuel sample to verify bad gas?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician