Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 Nissan pathfinder just blows out cold air at idle.

Customer Question
My 2012 Nissan pathfinder...

My 2012 Nissan pathfinder just blows out cold air at idle. once I start driving then it will blow out warm air

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far. I don't know whats wrong with it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello,let me review your request. Please stand by.

Nissan Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Has any recent repair been done on the vehicle?

no
Nissan Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Have you checked the coolant level?

its fine
Nissan Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Are both the heater hoses getting hot once vehicle gets to operating temp?

not sure. once I start driving it starts blowing out hot air and it no problem. its only when I start the vehicle and let it warm up it only blows out cold air no matter how long it sets there running
Nissan Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

The most common reason for the symptom you are experiencing is usually caused by thermostat opening too soon or air bubbles present in the cooling system.

what is the next step? have the coolant system flushed and re fill
Nissan Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Flushing the system is not needed, bleeding the cooling system will be the first step. IF problem persists then next step ios to check the thermostat operation.

ok thanks for the help. that's what I will start with
Nissan Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Nissan Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 7 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

lets try bleeding the cooling system this way.

1-remove the radiator/reservoir cap when the engine is cold

2-start the engine and let idle

3-turn the heater on max

4-keep coolant on hand and add it as needed

5-spme coolant may gush out with the air

6-keep doing this until the engine is at operating tempeture and the heater is hot

7-after the coolant settles down and the engine is warm,,install the cap

This may take as long as 20-30 minutes

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.