Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Vehicle speed sensor tcs commumincation line circuit. Can…

Customer Question
Vehicle speed sensor tcs...

Vehicle speed sensor tcs commumincation line circuit

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?

Can communication circuit fault

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

08 nissan xterra installed new speed sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cleaned and greased electical plugs and grounds

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need to know which wires coming from the transmission and the can wires and also how to test the abs module

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 6 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, are you getting a specific code?
several p1212
U1001
B1035
C1729
I'm not comfortable spending that money being unfamiliar with site and system
Just ignore the phone request, site sends those
I think the most obvious issue here is the P1212 and the U1001.This tells me there is an obvious issue with TCM communication.Does the condenser fan come on with key to ON position?
no the condenser fan does not come on when i turn key to on position
Have you checked for power going to the TCM?
i am checking for power right now and checking continuity of can wires as well
Thanks, ***** ***** looks like a TCM issue at this point. EspeciLly if it won’t crank.
Hey there, checking back to see if you made any progress.Thanks
today when starting the vehicle, the fan did come on when started. what does this tell you?
also how do i test the tcm?
another thing is that when i connect my scantool and try to do a abs test, i have no communication.
does the speed sensor signal have to go through the abs module? or are these 2 seperate issues?
The speed signal comes FROM the ABS module. It’s determined from the wheel speed sensors to the ABS unit.The condenser fan coming on is fail safe for a control unit failure. It would come on with key to ON and not even started though.
The issues I'm having are coming from the speed sensor in the transmission.
The vehicle speed sensor
The transmission has internal revolution sensors for input and output shaft speeds. Not sure what your suggesting?