Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2011 Nissan Versa, car wont start with original key.

Customer Question
I have 2011 Nissan...

I have 2011 Nissan Versa, car wont start with original key. I tried back up original key no luck. I am the original car owner. NAT lock is not allowing the engine to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I checked battery. It was low then i recharges the battery by disconnecting anbd repacing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix it my self at my home.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I g=have opened the key moduler ring and disconnect and reconnect so far

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok so if you have the nats light coming on the codes will need to be trouble shot and then keys are going to need to be reprogrammed to the vehicle, some locksmiths can do this or the dealer