Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 Murano. Rear Tailgate won't close all the way. Won't…

Customer Question
2015 Murano. Rear...

2015 Murano. Rear Tailgate won't close all the way. Won't latch.. None of the buttons to open or close work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried manually shutting the tailgate and making sure the switch in the glove compartment was in the on position.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK open the tailgate and with a screwdriver try to operate the latch, there may be some debris stuck in it, try to close it all the way with the screwdriver and then you will have to apply force in the other direction while pushing the open button to release it and try again, once open they to close the door and see if it shuts all the way, you may have to do this a few times with the screwdriver

nothing changed
Tried it a few times.

can you get the latch to lock with the screwdriver