Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My nissan 2004 murano wont start put new battery in next day

Customer Question

my nissan 2004 murano wont start put new battery in next day dead it will crank over when battery in chared but wont start and kills the battery in several hours thinking it nay be ignition unit itself orr key worn out
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: yes i have 73 years old roadsterrunner lol
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything except testing the gas pump and senser in gas tank
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I believe you have 2 issues here. A crank no start and a parasitic battery draw. Do you own a digital voltmeter? Do you know how to check fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris