Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 64 320 and am putting a1989 z24 in it. I want to…

Customer Question
I have a 64...

I have a 64 320 and am putting a1989 z24 in it. I want to replace the fuel injection with a carburater, can I use a 1984 distributor on this engine?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I havent got the engineready to run yet, want to not put the computer in this little truck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '64 Nissan?

320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far ive installedthe engine to build the motor mounts ant trans mount. Now engine and trans are out ready to change to carburated and on computer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all, just need to know what distributor to use

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately, this info here can be difficult to obtain and may need to be obtained from a dealer or classic auto repair facility.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician