Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rear Ac and heater no work.Remove cover and checked fan

Customer Question
Rear Ac and heater...

Rear Ac and heater no work.Remove cover and checked fan connection and have intermittant voltage at plug . Fan shaft is free.Fuses good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Check yes and it is electrical

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2013 NV3500HD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes Fuses and there is intermittant voltage at theplugin at the fan motor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

replace the pigtail for the fan motor

there is and circutbord on the motor how do you test that. And why is there intermittant power to the pigtail to the motor

the circuit board you are speaking of is the resistor module. if its bad, the fan will still work on the highest speed setting

fan does not work at alll

ok, do you have a volt meter?

I do

check for power at the blower motor. if theres voltage, then while checking move the wiring around to see if you lose power

With a test light so far you will have power for a few secnds then somethingturns it off for a few seconds.

it goes off without moving the wiring around?

like its being turn off up stream . Is there a relay or switch check. It is a manual control unit just two knobs

Ok standby

what model and engine size?

2013 NV3500HD with theV-6
In which fuse box are these.

please standby