Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A red light comes on and blinks off and on at the low part…

Customer Question
A red light comes...

A red light comes on and blinks off and on at the low part of the speedometer, in the shape of a car and the steering wheel will not lock. 2012 Nissan versa.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It only comes on after the key is removed and blinks constantly.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not had the car long and don't know enough about it to fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Why is the steering wheel not locking and would that have anything to do with this problem?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 4 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

so this does not blink while driving?

No, only when the key is removed

is there also a key inside the red car light?

there is

does it blink indefinitely, or only for a period?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician