Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car won't start the dash lights are not coming on only…

Customer Question
The car won't start...

The car won't start the dash lights are not coming on only the Security light triple a believes it may be an immobilizer malfunction

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2006 murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've tried pressing the panic button for 5 seconds pressing lock twice and unlock twice . I've tried disconnecting the battery. I've also tried unlocking the door with the key leaving the key in for thirty seconds switching and turning the key in the ignition to on for 5 seconds and lock for ten and repeating

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
HEy there, Jake here.
Can you see if the headlights will turn on for you?
Hey TIARA
SO I've tried the key fob vudoo I unhooked the battery if what to do
They wont
If the headlights don’t come on then the battery is dead and needs replaced. This has nothing to do with the immobiliser.
I've tried leaving the key in the ignition for some time. Idk
Triple A tested the battery the car battery is good.
There is no way of the headlights don’t come on. The headlights don’t even require ignition operation.
The headlights are fuses directly, the immobiliser just prevents injector pulse, so if the immobiliser was at fault the engine would still crank just fine.
Hello
I’m here you see my replies? Is the triple A guy there? I’ll be happy to talk to him about it.
I'm not seeing any responses
Let me repost them. Try refreshing your screen.
I said.There is NO WAY the battery is good unless the BCM is bad or the fusible link on the positive battery cable is blown.The reason being is that the headlights are fuses directly and require no ignition operation at all! just a good battery and fusible link. This is a common test I used to confirm batteries.If the immobiliser was at fault then then the engine would crank just fine, but not start because you would have no injector pulse.
Can you see it yet?
Hey there, checking back to see if you still needed help with this?If so just ask away! If not please leave a kind rating is all.Thanks.