Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 altima. For the last week ive had to jump it…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 altima. For the last week ive had to jump it off in the morning. When i jump it off its already readi g 11.6. And it jumps right off. But yestetday it would turn over but nit start. The battery is r years old. I a si gle woman with no help. HELP

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I DONT know its at my mothers. But the interior lights come on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i haven't done anything yet because I just got my check. Im on disability.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Should i buy a new battery

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/1/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

In order for the engine to crank at the correct speed and start the battery needs to be right at 12.6 volts. Before you buy a battery try jumping it off again and when you go to start it try holding the gas pedal to the floor which will clear a flooded condition which is likely if you have a low battery. Once you get it running, run it down to your local auto parts store such as Auto Zone and have them check the battery as well as the charging system. They will do this for you at no charge and if the battery is bad they will also help you install it.