Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A warning light is on that looks like a car with wavy lines…

Customer Question
A warning light is...

A warning light is on that looks like a car with wavy lines under thetires

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

It is on the tachometer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2011 Maxima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don’t know what the warning light means.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/1/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

That is the traction control light. This system is controlled by the ABS module. This light on means there are codes stored. Not knowing the code now means I can not even guess accurate. It may be something as simple as a wheel speed sensor reading wrong and gone bad. So step one is a ABS capable scan tool.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris