Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 nissan pathfinder cranks but won't start after battery…

Customer Question
2014 nissan pathfinder cranks...

2014 nissan pathfinder cranks but won't start after battery removal then reinstalled

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

I checked ignition fuses under the hood and dash, could it be the security system locked out?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, every thing is back together. I was changing a cooling fans and You have to bring it out from the battery side

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes does it make a difference which battery post is connected first positive or negative n the newer cars?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
12/1/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Are the radiator fans on when you turn the key to the ON position?

No fans are running

Ok.. Do you know if you have a factory or after market remote start in the car?

The car has a factory key remote start but is does not start the car either

How do you remote start the car normally?

It ran fine before you did the fans right?

You lock the door then press the remote button twice then hold it down on the second press. It is now trying to crank with the key but battery is running down now.

Ok.. Just making sure. Cause a after market remote start system can cause the vehicle not to start after the battery is disconnected.

Vehicle ran before you did the fans right?

What if I spray some starter fluid in the intake Yo see if I have ignition, also I may need to boost the battery. Yes vehicle ran fine before fans were changed. Only thing that was disconnect was the battery and a block grd wire.

Try checking and cleaning the block ground wire and make sure that is tight. Lets charge the battery and when you try to start it, press the accelerator pedal a little and see if it starts..

Don't want to try the starter fluid thing yet..

Ok ,how late are planning on helping? It's dark and about 6:30 pm?

I am online 3 more hours

Ok, I'll try all those things. I'll get back with You in a little

Ok..

Boosted batt ,pressed accelerator pedal no start.

You cleaned and checked the grounds and wiring?

When you pressed the accelerator, did it sound any different when you tried to start it?

grd wire clean and tight
No change in sound
Where is the fusible link that dealership was talking about?

If you press the start button two times so the ignition comes on, is the security light on solid?

You have all electrical power right? If you didn't, then I would suspect fusible link. That is located of the positive battery terminal.

Do you have a test light?

When You press the start button in the car interior lights on dashboard comes on press it again lights go out on dash which says goodbye. There is a little red car symbol that shows on the dash that flashes when you press the key a third time.

1 min

Cell phone battery is going down
I have a meter
No solid security light when pressing the start button twice. Got to charge my phone 7%

ok..Do you have a test light? Can we just double check all fuses with it if you have one?

The nissan owners manual says the flashing red car is a operational security system. I'll check the fuses for the fuel system.

Check all fuses with a test light to verify they are all good.

Pin to pin on top of fuse or pin to grd?

Leaving the fuse in and back probing both sides of each fuse with the ignition on to make sure all fuses are good and getting power..