Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 nissan pathfinder...slight delay in shifting in

Customer Question
2006 nissan pathfinder...slight delay...

2006 nissan pathfinder...slight delay in shifting in reverse, sometimes drive. 150k, 1 transmission flush 2 years ago, bypassed trans cooler. thinking of a drain and fill more often.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaking--always ran good. 150,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has only done this 3 times--usually first thing in the morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there anything electric-sensor or similar for warm up i should be considering, or is there a test i can have dealer do?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/30/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Do you only have this delay when you first start the truck and put it in reverse? Also how is the fluid level?

only in the morning. fluid level seems fine.
no call--i am at work

no problem. How long of a delay would you say?

The reason I am asking about how long of a delay, is cause after you first start it, it can take a few for the transmission to build up pressure which would give you that delay. Especially if you start it up and throw it in reverse right away.

Does it delay any time after that?