Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The following light came out slip, tcs off abs brake. The…

Customer Question
The following light came...

The following light came out slip, tcs off abs brake

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

The brake light came up the same time

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Maximum 2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just want to know what is causing it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/30/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you , I will try to help with this issue here
The tcs/ brake light will usualy come on for a defective abs wheel sensor ,where the speed signal sent to the abs module is erratic .
Now in some cases we can pull sensor off and Caedmon with parts clean and reinstall and reset codes and see if it comes back ,if no scaner abaoble to you to reset use below procedure
Master Reset1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .
Now if that does not work you will need a capable scaner to read abs module fault codes and based on these code we can pull up a pin point troubleshoot and be accurate ,if you do scan you can post fault codes back here for me and I can help further and be more accurate for you ,but the senso is most common but testing is neededYou are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My
my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat