Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 altima i just changed tbe value body an now i…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 altima i just changed tbe value body an now i have a p1778 code wont shift to 2nd gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2007 and no

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and changed the value body an the speed senser and the whole wire harness in the car

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/29/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Was the valve body a new one and were you having this code before?

an yes

so there could be a few issues here, you could have a bad valve body, the main connector could have some issues, and the tcm may need to be programed, also did the new valve body come with a stepper motor?