Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Runs great we cold but when it gets no normal temp idles low…

Customer Question
Runs great we cold...

Runs great we cold but when it gets no normal temp idles low replace both cam sensors and cranks sensors and not getting and cel

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Not cel light at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2004 g35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself replaced both cam sensors and crank sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car has 120000 miles

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/29/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name Jay and thank you for your question.

Does this only happen when slowing down to a stop and at idle? Also how many miles on the car?

120000 miles and it happens when slow down and idle

This is what normally will resolve your issue. You need to clean your electronic throttle chamber with MAF sensor electrical cleaner. After you clean it, you then need to do a Idle Relearn. This will then calibrate the electronic throttle chamber so it can properly maintain base idle.

When I do the relearn will the cel light come on the the process

The best way to do a relearn is with a scanner. The CEL could come on indicating a P0507 which is a Idle Speed Control. Meaning it can't control base idle. That is why you need to do the idle relearn after you clean it.

doing the relearn the cel doesn't come on all the procedure online say it should blink and then go off

Let me get you the steps to do a manual relearn.. Hang on. It's a series of steps. It's tricky to do though. That is why I recommend a scanner. With a scanner you can see that the computer has accepted the relearn. When doing it manually, your hoping it too the relearn

the best thing to do is take it to the dealership

Those are the steps to perform a Manual Idle Relearn

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician