Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 maxima 3.5l se 5spd auto I keep throwing a…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 maxima...
I have a 2004 maxima 3.5l se 5spd auto I keep throwing a code p0744 which I know is related to the torque clutch converter and my tranny has shifted hard like you have described especially from 2-3 but today it clunked quite loudly and my temp gauge slowly rises to about 72% the actual temp was 108C and seemed to want to stay in 5th gear I pulled over and shut it off and turned it back on and it shifted ok I guess but temp was still creeping up I checked coolant and it seemed fine so do you think something else is wrong? I mean it still shifts and not really slipping at all? I want to get the p0744 fixed but not sure which is the best/cheapest route
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/29/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Please give me a min to review your question and also check for any TSB's that may apply to this code. While I am looking up the info, just want to let you know that you may be prompted for a phone call. That is another service we offer and it's up to you if you want to use that service. There is a extra charge for it. If you do not want to use it, we will just continue here. So please give me a min to look info up for you.

This is a 5 speed automatic transmission correct?

Since this is a 5 speed transmission, this could be a number of things...

The issue is either is a shift solenoid D stuck off, Pressure control solenoid valve C stuck off, the Torque Converter it's self, or something Hydraulically in the transmission.

I would love to say there is a simple fix for these codes. but most cases it ends up as a expensive one.

The issue is normally Hydraulic issue, or Torque converter.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician