Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Jay, I have a 2008 nissan quest. Every once in a while the…

Customer Question
Hi Jay, I have a 2008...
Hi Jay,
I have a 2008 nissan quest. Every once in a while the TCS off and slip lights turn on, sometimes the car turns too. I can feel a thump when it happens. After starting it up, it has no low gear power. Is this a transmission problem?
Gabriel
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/28/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like a faulty wheel speed sensor intermittently sending a false signal.This will cause the lights to come on like you see and can cause the anti-lock brake/traction control to operate a brake causing the turn or pull and noise issues.This also causes the low power as the computer thinks a wheel is slipping.

What needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out of the anti-lock brake computer to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.A shop or dealer can read out the codes as well as diagnose and repair them for a fee.In some cases, a local parts store can read out the codes at no charge to you.They usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete