Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

During closed position learning, how much movement is normal…

Customer Question
During closed position learning, how...
During closed position learning, how much movement is normal for throttle valve? A flutter or open and close?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/28/2017
Nissan Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

See if this helps out. let me know...there should be no flutter

No. Been through all that multiple times. How much movement of valve is normal during learn procedure? A flutter or a full open and close. I only see a quick flutter.
Nissan Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. i reviewed you question...

will it not go through the relearn procedure??

Nissan Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

when it goes throught the relearn it should opem from 0%-90%.

in the image is the relearn procedure..

and also here is a closed position learning

1. start engine

2.. warm up engine to more than 149*F

3. Turn OFF ignition and wait 10 sec

- check that the throttle valve moves during the above 10 sec by confirming the operating sound "movement"

Thanks, ***** ***** to the point where started and just after tach cycle is finished code comes back on.
Also if I clear code with my scan tool while running, code comes back when >30% pedal applied. Also at this point slip light. Can be P or N.
Clearing with key on the result is same as after re- learn.I get just a flutter for closed relearn
I can accelerate to 2500-2800 rpm.
Also using freeze frame data I could see throttle pedal input changed when I gradually pushed pedal, running and cleared for this.
Didn’t see any changes in valve position from closed position although the closed is not zero it’s 5.9% with old tb and 6.3% with new tb.
Ok so open signal is low level or loose connection? Or does the two redundant signals generate result for open signal.
Could be one of those connections as well.
I’m thinking that the bad corrosion battery terminals may have caused this but the fuseable links and connections all tested ok after I cleaned everything up ad replaced the clamps. The CT on the negative terminal would cause more issues than this if it were bad. And there is a dtc for it anyway.
I think it’s bd wire or splice in ecm harness. I’m not looking fed to finding it. Have to quadruple check that your on the correct pin because numbers can’t be read.
Nissan Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

the flutter is normal for the closed relearn so that is good.

yes around 6%.

next is to check and inspect the connectors

Nissan Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

hi just checking up on you. hopefully you got it fixed. please rate me on my services thank you and happy holidays

Nissan Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

hi just checking up on you. hope you were successful in your repair. please rate me on my services will be highly appreciated. thank you and happy holidays