Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My passenger brake light doea not work but turn signal and…

Customer Question
My passenger brake light...

My passenger brake light doea not work but turn signal and alram lights use the smae bulb and they do work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Would that effect one brake light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2012 rogue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes new bulb works fine for turn and for when the car alarm is set does not work for brake peddle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is th esimple of it the simple

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/27/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The Rear Brake lights are a duel filament bulb. Did you try changing the bulb?

i just said on the question that turn and alarm light work on the same bulb just not the brake the other brake lights work

I know, but it's a duel filament bulb, So I asked if you tried replacing the bulb... The bulb since it has two filaments, one will light up for brake, the other will for parking light and blinker.

Bulb is new fuse is good light works for turn signal and alarm/key function other brake lights work fine when the brake is pressed just passenger side brake light function isn't working

Just for testing purposes can we take out the bulb on the drivers side and install it on the passenger side and see if that works?

One thing I still have the old bulb and it's not a dual filament

Then maybe you are replacing the wrong bulb...

That is why I am suggesting you pop out the left rear light and take the bulbs out and see which one lights up when you step on the brake and then take that bulb out and try it on the passenger side and if it works on the passenger side, then you know your issue is simply a bulb.

Can you try that and let me know?

I'm at work so can't do that part for a few hours but I think that may be the issue I'm hoping

Sure.,., I am sure that is all it is as well. So when you get out of work, lets give that a try and let me know how you make out. To return, just log back into JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions to return back to this question..

Ok?

I'll let you know

You got it..

I put the old bulb in and it did the same thing didn't work for the brake but worked for everything else

Did you try swapping the bulb from the drivers side to the Passenger side?

No this was as the old bulb I thought was bad it's doing the same thing as the new bulb it has to be in the electric some where

This is normally just a simple bulb issue. Is it the same exact bulb number? Can you simply just try swapping the drivers side with the passenger side for me?

everything I am looking up, shows this is suppose to be a duel filament bulb, not a single filament bulb...

I've tried everything swithed between single and double fuses you name it same thing bulb works single or double filament for hazards turn signal alarm but not brake light I'll take off the other bulb but really don't see how that can be any different
Did you swap bulb from drivers side to passenger?

that is your last step to try.. other wise it is something in that lamp assembly and that assembly would need to be replaced

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!