Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replace the rear tail lights bulbs on my 2009 nissan roque…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** replace the rear tail lights bulbs on my 2009 nissan roque but the night lights or tail lights does not go on do you know why

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

The connection are good because the same light bulb double as a signal lights and that works.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

When i noticed the lights where off after several vehicles started blinking their lights on me i replace both sides but still not worning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Woking i mean

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
How long till a have the answer
Could you please send the answer the question via emailthxs
11/27/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you replace the tail light bulbs with the same kind of bulbs? or did you install LED's?

Same kind
Jay you still did not answer the question at all thanks for your time but anything that you tiped back to me has nothing to do with answering the question about how to fix the issue make sure there is no charge to my account I will contact Discover tomorrow.

Are all tail lights out? Do lic plate lights work? You could have a blown fuse.

Let me know.

I need to ask some questions and may need you to do a few checks to see if we can isolate your issue.

You may also be prompted for a Phone Call. That is a Automated response from JustAnswer.com

That is up to you if you would like to speak to me, or if you would like to continue back and forth like this..

The fuses are located under the hood in the IPDM. Here is the fuse locations..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5x3ibrd9vprlg1/1%20Rouge%20tai%20light%20fuses.jpg?dl=0

Jay what is a IPDM
Is that at the front next to the engine

It is under the hood.. But that won't cause one brake light not to work...

Jay I checked the fuse it is fine , is the DTRL relay the next part on the check list to look at.

It certainly is.. You said you replaced that though right? was that a new or used part?

All new bulbs I will try to get one tomorrow thxs.

You got it.. From what you described, the switch is working properly. But once the car is running, those switch signal go through the DTRL control module, which is most likely messing up the signals.