Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car won't start after replacing the coil packs and the spark…

Customer Question
Car won't start after...

Car won't start after replacing the coil packs and the spark plugs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No they are good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2010 sentra 2..0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, it was to be a simple fix. Nothing else has been tried, baffled at this. It was running before. Now just don't get it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Hoping something simple, have read people having same issue and spent alot to fix.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/26/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you have replaced the coils and plugs and the vehicle will not start. Is the starter turning the motor, and if so, did you make sure that all of your components are connected? Have you checked to see if you are still getting fuel and fire still? Also, if you have left a vacuum hose off, then you will also experiencing this issue. You should be sure there is no vacuum leak.

I smell gas when trying to start it. It acts like it is trying to start. Battery is good. I just don't get it started before replacing parts now does not start. Only took off 2 lines and put them back.

Were they fuel lines,and did you put them back in the correct positions?

No they weren't fuel lines . Think they are vaccume lines

I'm sorry for the delay. Have you tried switch them around, or do they only fit in the positions that they are at?

What you need to do is remove the plugs and inspect them again. Be sure that the gaps aren't closed. If the gaps are closed, then the vehicle will be unable to start.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician