Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Audio/Navigation system is shorting on and off. I seems…

Customer Question
My Audio/Navigation system is...

My Audio/Navigation system is shorting on and off. I seems this happened after having my back rotors and brake pads changed. Could there be a collation between the two. Maybe wiring by the back brakes? 2013 Nissan Altima

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?

Rotors are brand new know. 95,000 miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think your missing the question. The brake rotors were repaired at a shop ( not Nissan). I now have a short in the Radio/Audion/Navigation system. I am wondering if any wiring could have been disrupted while the brakes were being repaired.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/26/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 6 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

h​y, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today .

I​s problem have nothing to do with the brakes that you had replace as there are no wires by the rear brakes that would cause a problem other then one related to brakes or the abs system .

your problem is a very common problem on this year car and is cause by the program in the radio. there is a tsb for this and the fix is to get the radio reprogram you will need to go to a Nissan dealer as only they will have the tool to perform the reprogram

if you have any more questions please ask ,if not please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

r u there ?