Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2002 Infiniti Q45 has a problem with the keyless entry,

Customer Question
My 2002 Infiniti Q45...

My 2002 Infiniti Q45 has a problem with the keyless entry, It was on a body shop for almost a year and the haness was chewed by some animal, the harness was suposedly fixed but the remote fob does not lock or unkock the doors or trunk, I tried reprogramming both key fobs with no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes both key fobs have new batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I checked the fuses per the fsm, tried to check the keykess module but I could not find it where it is supposed to be to the right of the steering column

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I suppose that is all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/25/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question.What happens when you attempt to program them?
I insert the key 6 times and the hazards flash twice, then I turn the kay to ACC an press one button but nothing happens, I tried with both fobs.
Yea if you getting the flashes and nothing more the remotes and the SECU need to be checked. Were the chewed wires next to the interior fuse panel
No, the chewed wires were on the headlights area. I tried to find the keyless module that conects to bcm but couldnt find it
This is an 02? If so there smart entrance control unit was the keyless module. Just like newer models the BCM is the keyless module
I'll check that tomorrow I don't have light. Thanks.
Sounds good. Talk to you later then.
Sorry for the delay, I took apart all the trunk trim but there is no module there, I think it is below the rear shelf with the sub woofer speaker but I've had no time to search there.
Ok, keep me updated. I do t suspect it to me be very big with that little 4 pin connector.
I took the rear seat off and the rear shelf and found the receiver module and checked for continuity with the BCM and all 3 cables are OK, then I tried to check for continuity with the driver door module and found that the FSM that I have has the color code for the wires is wrong so I can't find out if there is a problem there.
Did you go by terminal number? A lot of times that’s easier since colors don’t always match.
I can't figure out the bcm and door module terminal numbering.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician