Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Driver window not working. Other windows are working though.

Customer Question
Driver window not working...

Driver window not working. Other windows are working though. Does this eliminate that it is a fuse problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2001 pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Im trying to put motor in myself. Having a lot of issues. I will fill stupid if it turns out to just be a fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't move window down to get to the screws that hold window to regulator. How do I do this?.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/25/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The fact that the other window work does tell us that the fuse is good. What you can do to get the window down to get the regulator off is try removing all the regulator bolts from the door. Then take the regulator off the door and slide the window down until you can access the two bolts that are holding it to the window. This will usually get you access to the bolts without damaging the regulator.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

I have removed regulator and motor from panel. Window is stuck in up position and I can only get it to move down about 3/4".

You have removed the motor and regulator hooks off the door and still can't move the window? You should be able to reach in there and turn it sideways and lower the window. You can't do this? Is it still hung up in the door?

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician