Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Front windscreen wipersstopped working on 2011 quasqai. 2011…

Customer Question
Front windscreen wipersstopped working...

Front windscreen wipersstopped working on 2011 quasqai

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Nissan?

2011 quashqai

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not good mechanically but want to see wats best cn be done

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/25/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Robert, Nissan Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Robert
Robert, Nissan Mechanic

Hi..there..

Do you hear anything from the wiper motor at all in either setting when you turn the wipers on? does the washers still work?

I dnt seem to hear anything. The washers r working and the back wiper is working as well
I cnt receive calls now

Ok..maybe confirm that the motor isnt working..have someone in the car operate the wipers whilst you listen under the cowling below the wipers..if indeed you dont hear anything..then the nest step ideally would be to inspect the fuse..details of which should be in your owners manual..obviously if thats ok..then the next step is to get access to the wiper motor..this involves removal of the wipers arms,plenum cover below the windscreen..then unplug the connector,back probe the wiring or use a wiring piercing tool to the motor and test voltage feed when the wiper switch is operated..if voltage is seen to be reaching the motor then the wiper motor needs replaced,you could give i knock to see if that kicks back to operate...normally it will need replaced. these motors wont come on their own you will need to replace the wiper motor and regulator assembly as one unit,which is best advised doing...hope this helps

Robert
Robert
Robert, Nissan Mechanic