Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P1105 code Nissan states of a $400.00 barometric pressure…

Customer Question
P1105 code Nissan states...

P1105 code Nissan states of a $400.00 barometric pressure switch, I replaced that so called part for $45.00. runs good boogs down and wants to shut off at times. any support?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P1105, cleared several times and comes back

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2000 Nissan Frontier 2.4lt. i also replaced mass air flow and iac

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried then went to dealer thinking maybe an electrical problem with pigtail or other

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, just how can the same part that they told me will cost $400 bucks, then told me maybe throttle body or a new pcm, they don't know either

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/23/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Was the sensor you used a nissan sensor? Have you performed voltage tests at the sensor and inspected the connetor, wiring and system for issues?

Not nissan per say bought parts, but same name at a lower cost
thank you for your time shawn with me as i take very great care of my vehicles, 3 of them

So with the aftermarket parts nissans are very finicky and dont do very well with them, so first I would recommend getting a nissan part and 2nd is to do some diagnostics on the system to see where the failure is, if you have a voltmeter and are good with electrical diag I can send you the steps for checking the system

r u still there Shawn
i decline phone rather go this route plz

r u still there Shawn plz adise

ive responded twice do you not see these?

no i see nothing fm u

okay n the new part / parts from nissan can understand that but where the heck does the $ 400 buck parts comes into play is beyond me as in the absolute barametric pressure switch switch

are you saying the nissan part is 400? also you may not even need that, I would recommend doing a proper eletrial diag on the system to determine what the problem is

over an hour and a half diag time still can say 100% for sure and maybe they say i may need a new throttle body $900 bucks or an ecm $800 to $900
can not say..... for sure what my needs are to get nissan running right, to me that is a guessing game on their part

so your paying for a diagnosis and not a guess, I would ask for a refund and take it somewhere else to a mechanic that knows whats hes doing

will do but gonna ask for service manger first. thank you for your time Shawn and Happy Thanksgiving day to u and family Kelly L. Stitzel Grovetown Ga

yes I would ask for a master mechanic to work on it or a refund, they should be able to properly diagnose it with out any if ands or buts. So even after you rate me we can still chat so if you have any other questions in a few days send me a message it wont cost any extra and I would be glad to help.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!