Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Jay! Ive got a 2003 m45 infiniti. Ive been getting a lot of

Hello , Jay ! Ive got...
Hello , Jay !
Ive got a 2003 m45 infiniti . Ive been getting a lot of random codes , ive replaced p011 p021, camshaft code , and so on. Ive replaced all the parts associated with those codes but the car stall randomly while driving it along with the vdc light coming at random times etc. Anyhow i ordered a used ecu/ecm with the exact matching numbers. Once installed the car only cranks but does not start. Ive read something about possibly the key not matching the new ecm installed . Im lost at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
P0605 code randomly as well
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/23/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your questionThose two codes are actually intake timing codes. How is your engine oil level?
Also if you replaces the Ecm you have to program your keys
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you for your reply .The oil level is good , i went ahead replaced the oil and oil filter , new intake valve solenoids as well. How can i reprogram the keys ?

To program these keys, you need to get the 5 digit pin off the BCM. Then with the proper software, you enter it in and it decodes that 5 digit pin to a 4 digit pin. That 4 digit pin is entered into a scanner that is connected to the car to program the keys. This can be done by most mobile locksmiths, or of course the dealer.

But if you are getting a P0605 with this used Ecm, there is a good possibility that this ecm is no good.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The old ecm would give the p0605 . I bought the used ecm to install hoping it would solve my problems but couldnt get the car started at all due to programming the keys as you explained . I will get a locksmith out to reprogram the keys . If i still get the stalling issue after the installing the 2nd ecm then i will probably be coming back to you with more questions . Thank you for your expertise!

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician