Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Coil pack burning up, same one, takes about 2 mins. 91 z32.

Coil pack burning up...

Coil pack burning up, same one, takes about 2 mins

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

91 z32

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Some one else is, but checking the wiring harness, wondering if it could be the PTU

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No sorry I don't

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It runs flawlessly until the coil burns up, it's No. 5

11/23/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model 91 Nissan is this exactly? 300z?

300zx twin turbo

When this issue happens, you will need to replace the Ecm, All 6 coils and replace the Negative battery cable. The Negative battery cable builds up a high resistance to ground and that damages the ignition coil circuit in the Ecm and then the Ecm keeps burning out coils. So I am afraid, all that will need to be replaced to resolve your coil melting issue.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Thanks

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com