Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need some help with my Nissan Xterra. 00. V6 3.3. I just…

I need some help...

I need some help with my Nissan Xterra

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Xterra?

00

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

V6 3.3

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just bought it yesterday I found there was a missing vacuum hose I put one back in I have a code for low evap pressure knock sensor and an idle air control valve malfunction

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

Yes I have the codes that came up I forget the last two for the knock and evap codes but the code for the idle air is p0505

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

can you give me all the code numbers you have >??

I need help with my x terra I need to go through some emmisions but I'm throwing codes for idle air control valve malfunction Knock sensor and evap leak I did however find a missing vacuum hose on the back where the idle valve is at I just put a hose on Im not 100%but I think it fixed the evap leak

is it a very small hose

I need the codes that you got from the car

small vacuum hose I have a lot of experience with hondas this is my first Nissan so I'm not sure what I'm looking at here are the codes, P0505, P0325, P0455

the know sensor I would not worry about if you put regular gas in the car this code will be there as long as you can reset the code you should be fine with that

do the engine idle ok

The lady I bought it from said she only ran premium in it it did idle low and I had to give it a little gas to start it sometimes because it would start then the idle would come down then it would stall but if I gave it a taste of throttle it would start fine I tuned the idle screw up a little and it's at 650-700 rpms now and starts fine it used to be at 4-500 before

the p0455 is for a evap gross leak this is most likely cause by a stuck open vent control valve

the 505 code you will have to replace the idle control valve since the engine idle low it is under the intake

me should also check the gas cap

I thought that too but the hose that was missing looks like it ran into the evap canister but I could be wrong also it does seem to have a crappier aftermarket gas cap

do the hose have a green cap on it

I also was told if the valve went out it takes out the ecu as well and will I need new gaskets for anything when I pull it off ?

no not on this car the ecm should be fine

No it's not that one it has three vacuum hoses above the iacv the middle one was the one gone it seems to have went from there to a center metal hose on top the valve cover then to the evap it seems

yes you do need a new intake gasket

Now if it isn't directly the iacv what can it be ?

that would not cause the evap code that is for the egr solenoid

the wiring to the valve

Do you think that can be the case ? It seems like someone has been there before but I'm not sure

it could be disconnected

Also what should I do about the evap code ?

you really need to get the system pressure tested to seen where the leak is coming from but most likely the vent control is bad stuck open

r u there

do you have any more questions ??

Okay I have a couple more questions the abs lights comes on it seems to be off when I first start it then it comes back on all the lady said was she had the cv axels replaced but I'm not sure if the abs is off the axels on this car

​it is there is a pickup ring for the abs on the axle if the incorrect axle was replace this will cause the light to come on

check the axle for the pickup and scan for codes in the abs system .

That's what I was thinking that someone put the wrong one in it feels fine though

t​he wires are from someone bypassing the knock . the sensor is what is bolted to the intake it is a short cut for not doing the job correctly

p​lease rate the service if you have no more questions as this Is the only way for mem to get pay thanks.

can you please come back and rate the service as I will not get pay until you do thanks.

Sorry my bad I will give you a good rating man but what should I do about the knock sensor being like that is that something I should worry about? Is that why the code is being thrown ?

I​ do not think it wil be a problem but if you cant pass because of it remove it and replace the one under the intake

r u there ?

Where should the proper wire run to? Where do you think they plugged that one into and will that cause the code for it ?

the wire they run go into the ecm under the passenger side dash . the real wire is still attach to the knock sensor under the intake

Okay I'll check it out how do I rate you ?

just use the rating button on the chat page thanks.

Also what should I do about the red wire if I reattach it just cut it out the sensor backnon the real wire then just let the red one sit where it's at ?

you can let it sit or remove it

please remember to rate thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech