Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I replace the Navigation SD card - that is how do I…

Customer Question
How do I replace...

How do I replace the Navigation SD card - that is how do I open the SD slot on my 2016 Titan XD Diesel with Navigation?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Nissan Titan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, I just can't figure out how to replace the SD card with the new map update.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/22/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Please give me a moment to review your question and look into doing the navigation update. Hang on please..

OK, Thanks.
Thanks for the offer to call,however I am pretty good at following directions so a typed response will be OK.

That is a automated response.. Hang on please..

Did you go to lunch? The answer to my question should not be that hard to get.

Ok.. Since these trucks are so new.. The SD card type of Navigation updates I have not done yet. Most all navigation updates are done by a DVD. So please give me a few to review the steps and I will get back to you.. ok?

OK, I am waiting.

Looks like there is a Special USB stick used to update the Navigation system.. Double checking..

No, it is an SD card and I need to know how to open the card slot which is up near the slot for the CD. It is on the right of the CD slot on the face of the Nav system. I can't find any information in any of the books about my truck that tells me how to open the slot. The insertion of the SD card is a no-brainer once the slot is opened.

Can you take a picture and show me?

Jay,Look at page 3-11 of the 2016 Navigation System Owners Manual

That should be just a push release..

I have looked through all of the Nissan documents that I have and the slot is mentioned in several places, along with either a diagram or picture of the slot.I have tried to push it but I can try again. My truck is not handy to my computer so I will have to terminate our chat so I can go try it.

It could be just a cover for the slot. Did you try removing that SD cap to expose the SD card slot?

No, however I will give it a try when I go out to my truck.
Thanks for your assist. I have to sign off and go have some lunch. I will try pushing the cover as well as trying to remove it by lifting it off.

ok.. Let me know.. It looks like it's just a cap that covers the SD card slot

Ok, Bye.

Bye and Your welcome...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!