Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My 2008 Nissan Versa lost power while idling. Everything

just stopped, the oil like...
My 2008 Nissan Versa lost power while idling. Everything just stopped, the oil like, e-brake light, etc. came on. I restarted and made it home. Now it loses power about 2 seconds after ignition. I was able to get back around the block by hitting the gas pretty hard and parked it again.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent. Hitting the gas made it driveable.
JA: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was thinking it might be coil related, but I don't know if I can do that or if that actually is the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The end of the muffler did break off a few months ago and it rumbles. I have no idea if that means anything.
11/22/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Hello Cliff.

is the service engine soon light on ?

did you have the car scan for codes ?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I did not

ok the best way to go about this so you done end up wasting money on part I to get the car scan for code , if you have an auto zone by you take it there they will scan it for free and give you the code you most likely just have a bad cam sensor . if you get that code replace the sensor

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
The car also has very low oil at the moment

ok fil the oil up and check for a leak under the car

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ok thank you!

your welcome please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech