Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Nissan Altima I changed the throttle body and seem like…

Customer Question
2005 Nissan Altima I changed...
2005 Nissan Altima I changed the throttle body and seem like it's not working do I need to program it yes or no, thank you.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/21/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 5 months ago
Ivan Alvarez

Can you send me the vehicle vin number so I can look up accurate info for you. Also why was the throttle body replaced and what is it doing know?

I replaced the throttle because it was idel high, and after i changed the part it start idel up and down.
Vin number
1N4AL11E25C335767
Nissan Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 5 months ago

Ok I'm going to look up some info. Do you have access to a scan tool that lets you view data?

in about 30 minutes
Nissan Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 5 months ago

Ok. That will help diagnose the problem.

Ok, i got the scanner...what im looking for?
Nissan Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 5 months ago

First scan for codes. Then with it idling look at the throttle position reading, and mass air flow reading. Let me know where those are at. You mentioned the idle goes up and down now so give me the readings at the low point and high point.

TP(%) 4.3
MAP (1b/s) 0.02
0.02 and 0.03 for the MAF
The codes are
P1122
P0102
P0444
P0223
P0123
P2135
Nissan Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 5 months ago

There are no stored codes?

This is the stored code.
Nissan Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 5 months ago

O​k I'm going to review some info for the codes. With the key off disconnect the mass air flow sensor and start the car. is the idle stable or does it still surge?

Nissan Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 5 months ago

After doing this connect the mass air flow again and clear all codes. Then restart it and scan for codes again and see what returns.

Now still idel up and down.
TP(%) 3.5 AND 4.7
MAF (1b/s) 0.00
MAP 0.02
Every thing still the same.
Idel up and down
Nissan Mechanic: Ivan Alvarez,
 replied 5 months ago

A​ll the same codes come right back after clearing?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician