Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have nissan patrol y61 VTC engine i have issue on camshaft

Customer Question
good day sir i have...
good day sir i have nissan patrol y61 VTC engine i have issue on camshaft .. i feel when i use 4H or 4L it's loosing power while i go offroad
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: it's around 217,000 km auto
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only checking & cleaning the air filter coz i use afe airfilter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i check it and show code P0340
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Nissan
11/21/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 26 days ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question. The code that you have is for the camshaft position sensor. This fault can cause issues starting the vehicle or make it stall out and not restart. It usually doesn’t create just a power loss, but on occasions I have seen it cause a vehicle to run rough or lose power it’s just not that common. Regardless I would definitely replace it before it leaves you stranded and unable to start the vehicle.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician